You guys are the best. I soooo loved your sweet (and funny 🙂 ) comments and emails on the last of the Summer Home Tour posts! And as much as we could talk for hours today about everything we could put in a jar, (because there are a lot of things) we are not going to talk about that. Nope. Today we are going to talk about these totally unrelated things that will enlighten your life. 🙂
1. Did you know that this woman has a new cookbook coming out in October?
And this book may be the best thing since the invention of the Magic Eraser.
Seriously. It is going to keep me from running around like a crazy person the last hour before a dinner party. (I can hear the members of my family singing a chorus of Hallelujah right now.)
2. And did you know that this recipe is from that life altering book? It could possibly become my mother’s all-time favorite dessert.
(Warning…there is ice cream in the photo.)
Don’t say I didn’t warn you.
Just look at this amazing art.
Makes me want to cut up a book. 🙂
4. Are you as excited as I am for this movie to come out next month?
Love Diane Keaton (although I am not sure if I will love her singing. 🙂 )
Aren’t you glad I saved it until now? 🙂
5. Some of you love VW vans as much as I do.
Did you know they make these for your computer?
How cute is that?!
6. And speaking of cute, several of you asked about the cute red and white striped cups in the centerpiece the other day.
Let’s just say, it’s a good thing I don’t live in Australia because all my money would be spent on this company’s precious party things and pottery. I found the cups at Homegoods, but I believe they were part of this discontinued line from last year.
Ebay is still a good source if your heart is set on any of the discontinued items. 🙂
My daughter the-smores-queen would be in Heaven with that!
8. My parents make an annual trip to this place each summer to treat my family and my sister’s family to ice cream. (Yes, I know…I am talking about ice cream again.) Yesterday was the day for our fun trip. 🙂
We shopped …
(my sister and my dad)
We toured the peach packing line.
And of course we had ice cream. 🙂
This was my serving.
(It was very small.)
This was my father’s serving(s).
You see I get it honestly. 🙂
9. The recipe for Lane’s ice cream is here.
10. And when we got home, this was waiting for us on the porch steps from my father-in-law.
It’s my very favorite…Silver Queen. Guess what we are having for dinner? 🙂
I hope your weekend is full of Summer’s goodness.
Until next time…