Happy Monday! I hope your weekend was a good one. Ours was much busier than I was expecting it to be. This post was supposed to be a Talk of the Weekend one, but the only thing I was able to check off my weekend to-do list was replanting those pots up there on the front porch. (At least I got that done!) Anyway, I have some fun and pretty things for you to see today…even if it is Monday. 🙂
- First up, this log cabin. Do you remember that gorgeous kitchen above from last fall? It was decorated by Tammy Connor in a house that James F. Carter designed for his clients from a couple of old log cabins. I loved all the rooms in the house but could never find a photograph showing the exterior. Well, the search is over because James Carter’s website now has it featured. Here it is in all its rustic beauty (and be sure to click on the link so that you can visit all the rooms again!)
2. Do you remember that I am a huge Disney fan? Well, you won’t believe what I found! A house…not just any house…a house that is a replica of the Haunted Mansion from Disneyland! No joke, and it’s located in Georgia (and it is not haunted.) Click on the source below the photo for more pictures and even a video tour.
3. Have you seen this movie?
It is on my list to see this week, and I know it is going to be so good.
4. Many of you, like me, adore Emma Bridgewater’s pottery, but did you know she now designs wallpaper as well? It’s true! And it seems to be inspired by some of her pottery. Check out more of it here.
5. Have you made plans for a Super Bowl party? (I know you are going to cheer on the Atlanta Falcons, right? 🙂 ) Here are a few snacks that would be perfect for your party.
6. Or perhaps you would like your Super Bowl party to be a Soup-er Bowl party. Here is inspiration for that if you happen to go that route.
7. Our new puppy has been keeping us quite entertained (and busy.) The only trouble she has gotten into in the last week was rolling up the rug in the foyer and stomping in her water bowl when she discovered it makes a great splash pool! Other than that, she has been pretty good…especially for a lab!
And speaking of dogs, if you are looking for inspiration for a dog party, I found the perfect one here!
8. Okay, back to pretty houses. I think you will like this one on Nantucket…
9. And this one in Hingham, Massachusetts.
10. Have you been looking for inspiration for decorating for Valentine’s Day? Love love love these dishes from Mark and Graham, but I do not need any more dishes..and certainly not gingham ones! (But aren’t they cute?! 🙂 )
11. More Valentine’s Day inspiration.
Who can resist a heart shaped strawberry shortcake?
12. And finally one last food item for your Valentine’s Day (or really any day.)
60 seconds of directions, and then it bakes for 40 minutes.
And that’s all we have time for on this Monday. Hope you enjoyed the random goodies!
Have a great week!!
Until next time..